Job opening for a GIS Analyst in Aiken, SC.
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) Analyst in Aiken, SC.
About our Company: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is a premier contractor for the Department of Energy (DOE) and the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) providing environmental, renewable energy and energy efficiency, nuclear, information technology, and quality and safety services.
Perform the software development, modifications and testing for Geospatial Information System software applications and web interface. Provide documentation of all work performed to satisfy SRNS procedural requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform software development using Oracle, SQL *Plus, Oracle databases, TOAD, Model Builder, ArcGIS, Python Scripts, & Publisher.
• Perform querying & exporting of data from Oracle.
• Perform data conversion by extracting data from one database, then formatting and loading it to another database.
• Perform Editing, Geo-referencing, Projection Conversion, Version Editing, Walk-in Work, Packaging Projects/Data.
• Perform editing of data in GIS, i.e., adding data from an Access database, creating xy event, and using field calculator.
• Bachelor of Science or Associate Degree in Geospatial Information Systems with 2 years experience or High School Graduate with 4 years experience.
• Geospatial Developer Skills-Minimum 2 years experience in all of the following areas:
• ASP dot net
• MS Visual Studio (DotNet)
• MS IIS/web service
• Oracle Database Development
• MS Visual SourceSafe
• MS Access (vba)
• Web RIA development
• GIS background with ESRI tools
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location Aiken , SC
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc.
669 Emory Valley Rd.
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Direct: (865) 272-9880
Fax: (865) 220-0222