GIS Database Administrator
$54,898.55 – $87,837.68 Annually
1003 Highway 52, Moncks Corner
- Job Summary and Essential Functions
- This position typically provides GIS support in the daily maintenance and presentation of geographic data; improves GIS functions and systems; performs quality assurance duties; and deals courteously and effectively with fellow employees and citizens. This position is also responsible for creating, maintaining, testing and improving the organization’s GIS data layers, MS SQL databases, MS Windows based servers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administers and maintains the ArcGIS Geodatabases and MS SQL Server, including maintenance, creation and import of new GIS data layers and user requests, assignment of user permissions for data, etc.
- Administers and maintains the ArcGIS Server, REST services, pertinent ArcMap projects and published services.
- Performs geoprocessing tasks using Python to automate tasks, modify and customize data layers and perform analysis.
- Performs GIS analysis, complex feature editing, data requests and general map and printing requests.
- Provides web services administration, maintenance and updates of Apache, and FTP and web-based items such as PHP.
- Provides SQL administration, querying and maintenance tasks.
- Ensures department data integrity, data backup and recovery tasks.
- Provides internal (non-web based) application development and maintenance of standalone and ArcMap VB.NET tools.
- Performs technical support, technical guidance, application installation of GIS functions and software for GIS and other departments.
- Performs general administration and maintenance of Windows based servers and hardware and software support within the GIS department.
- Prepares annual employee reviews and evaluations.
- Provides recommendations, budgeting and purchasing of hardware, such as servers and workstations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements to Perform Work
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Six (6) years of related experience with GIS concepts and applications;
- Departmental testing may be administered during interview;
- A criminal background check will be completed on selected applicant if a current one (less than 3 years old) is not on file.
- This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prepare purchase orders and manage inventory and property.
- Ability to make budget recommendations.
- Ability to use small office equipment, large format plotters, computers and highly technical computer applications.
- Ability to repair, develop or install various hardware, software and systems.
- Ability to establish policies for using, acquiring and maintaining technology systems.
- Physical Demands
- This position requires the employee to sit and use hands to handle and finger objects; reach, pull and push with hands and arms; balance, crawl, crouch, kneel and stoop; use mental acuity and repetitive motion; and walk, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Conditions
- The work is regularly performed in a dynamic environment that requires sensitivity to change and responsiveness to changing goals, priorities and needs. Thirty-seven and one half (37.5) hours per week. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. with the ability to work after hours when necessary. Scheduled hours/days and location subject to change. May be required to work extra hours and to perform extra or different duties during emergency situations.
- BERKELEY COUNTY GOVERNMENT
1003 HIGHWAY 52
MONCKS CORNER, South Carolina, 29461