GIS Manager I
- Job Responsibilities
- Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, and Embracing Service
Under limited supervision, the GIS manager will perform the independent analysis, design, implementation, modification and upgrade of agency applications for geographic information systems and spatial data for the agency. Emphasis will be placed on supporting OCRM in the Environmental Deputy Area. Provide technical backup to other modules as assigned. Act as technical consultant to customers and work with other technology staff to ensure applications adhere to Information Technology application development standards and security requirements. Assist with problem resolution. Some after-hour and weekend work may be required including emergency response activities.
- Minimum and Additional Requirements
- State Minimum Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in geography or a related field and work experience in the development and maintenance of geographic information systems; or an associate degree in geography or a related field and expert-level work experience in the development and maintenance of geographic information systems.
Institutions of Higher Learning must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application may upload an unofficial copy of the transcript as an attachment to the application. Please note that the agency will require an official, certified copy of the transcript or diploma prior to hiring.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with ArcGIS Desktop/ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGIS Portal. Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Citrix, writing SQL queries, scripting, data modeling, analysis, and reporting.
- Additional Comments
- DRIVING RECORD: If this position requires the applicant to possess a valid driver’s license to operate a state vehicle or personal vehicle, any applicant being considered in the final stages of selection for the position will be required to provide a certified copy of a 10-year driving record.
SC DHEC is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employing agency. We are committed to a diverse workforce. SC DHEC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
- State of South Carolina
- 2600 Bull StreetColumbia, South Carolina, 29201