Pee Dee GIS User Group Mission Statement:
To provide strong Geographic Information Systems (GIS) support, training and networking resources to the Pee Dee and surrounding areas of South Carolina
Pee Dee User Group Objectives:
• Establish a network of individuals that can support and assist other GIS professionals
• Support and promote the development of GIS and GIS applications within the Pee Dee and surrounding areas of South Carolina
• Provide opportunities to learn valuable GIS technical skills and uses of GIS software along with the latest news on software updates and changes
• Highlight the potential efficiency and effectiveness of GIS through collaborative efforts among governmental agencies
• Hold four quarterly meetings annually with a focus on training and knowledge sharing.
Membership is affordable at only 30.00 per year. Lunch is included!
Scheduled Meeting Dates for 2016
- Pee Dee GIS Annual Membership drive – Win a Apple Watch donated by Bradshaw Consulting!
- Taking The Next Step – Bradshaw Consulting – Chris Bradshaw
- Geodesy, Map Projections, and Coordinate Systems: Getting Back to the Basics – Darlington County – Caroline Dunlap
- Sharpen your skills – Esri – Matthew Jones and William Myers
- Practical Applications of Field-Scale Spatial Data for Agricultural Crop Management – Edisto Research & Education Center – Kendall Kirk
- Accessing the Aerial Photography of the Low Country – University of South Carolina Libraries – Bill Sudduth, Terrance Randolf & Kylie Tokar
- Highlights of Esri UC 2016 & Post-Conference Releases – Bradshaw Consulting Services – Jim Tochterman
Archived Meeting Notes and Information
Pee Dee GIS User Group meets from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the Florence County Library located at 509 South Dargan Street in Florence SC