Geospatial Conference in Athens, Georgia
Hosted by: Georgia URISA, Survey & Mapping Society of GA, Mid-South ASPRS, and GITA Southeast
October 20-21, 2010
The 2010 Geospatial Conference Committee seeks abstracts for presentations highlighting your recent work in the fields of GIS, Surveying, Photogrammetry, and Geospatial Information Technology. The conference will be held at the University of Georgia, and will serve as a unique forum for geospatial practitioners from all backgrounds to showcase your work, exchange information, develop skills and foster collaboration and coordination.
Deadline: August 31, 2010
Conference sponsored by:
- Urban & Regional Information Systems Association – Georgia Chapter (GA URISA)
- Geospatial Information Technology Association – Southeast Chapter (GITA)
- American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing – Mid-South Chapter (ASPRS)
- The Surveying & Mapping Society of Georgia (SAMSOG)
Tripp Corbin, CFM, GISP
Vice President, GIS/IT
Keck & Wood, Inc.
September 16, 2010 at 9:57 am
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION ENDS OCTOBER 1
October 20-21, 2010 – University of Georgia Conference Center, Athens, Georgia
Early Online Registration before October 1st / $225 members, $275 non-members
Key Note Speaker: Brent Jones, Cadastre and Engineering Industry Manger, ESRI, will explain to surveyors and GIS professionals how to combine the GIS and land development technologies.
Key Luncheon Speaker: Wednesday – Alan Voss, cochairman of the ASPRS Films Committee ASPRS Films Committee gives a special video presentation from the Surveyor’s Historical Society: and Thursday – Joel Campbell, President, ERDAS, Inc. is a highly regarded speaker in the geospatial world.
Technical Presentations: 40 breakout sessions offered during the Conference! 5 Presentation Tracks offered both days!
Social: Join us Wednesday evening for drinks and Casino Night! Win prizes!
Pre-Conference Training Sessions:
• Turning Imagery into Information – an introduction to remote sensing with a focus on getting more from your existing imagery investments
• Using Python and Model Builder – learn now to perform various geoprocessing tasks including data analysis, data conversion, data management and map automation
• Leveraging the Adobe FLEX Viewer – explore how a common “operational picture” can be created using ESRI’s ArcGIS Server Technology, leveraging the ADOBE FLEX Viewer
• GPS Error Sources in GIS Data Collection – for anyone working with GPS receivers concerned about controlling the quality of data
Call for Conference Exhibitors: register online as a conference exhibitor. Booth space is limited at $750-$1000
Map Gallery : Bring your submissions for the Map Gallery – watch our website for more details
Apply for Professional Credit: attendance will apply to the professional GIS designation “GISP” or to the State Board of Registration for Engineers and Surveyor’s “Professional Development Hours” (PDH).
Visit the conference website to register and find more information about pre-conference workshops, keynote speakers, social event, etc