Esri released service pack 2 for ArcGIS 10 last week. It appears to have fixed many issues especially several working with the new parcel fabric. The parcel fabric is not the only area that includes fixes. There are some for data driven pages, geoprocessing tools and more.
I will add one word of warning. I know of at least one person that has experienced problems editing after installing the service pack. Editing slowed to a crawl. He had to repair his geometry and everything seems to have returned to normal. I personally have not had any issues.
Here are a few issues Service Pack 2 addresses:
- MapDoc.dataDrivenPages throws a poor error when the map document is not DDP enabled.
- Alternating Scale Bar fills in solid black when zooming in.
- Multi-ring Buffer tool clips output buffers if Dissolve: All is specified.
- Add Geoprocessing History page to FGDC metadata style.
- Run MultipleRingBuffer as a GP service crashes the server objects due to intermediate output not set up correctly in the script.
- General GML elements used to describe units of measure, times, points, and polygons in metadata are handled incorrectly when importing and exporting between ArcGIS metadata and the ISO 19139 format.
- The Snap Raster option should be honored by the Tin to Raster (gp) tool.
- Along Line marker placement style for Representations does not work properly when published to a MSD.
- When creating a schema-only layer package that includes a Parcel Fabric and a .lyr file (built from a sub-class), the .lyr file has a broken data source when un-packed.
- ECW image files are shown as an invalid dataset.
- Mosaic dataset renders incorrectly in Web applications when published as an image service.
- Update ArcGIS Server .NET Help for 10.0 SP2.
- Update ArcGIS Server Java Help for 10.0 SP2.
- Concurrent editing of Parcel Fabric within separate child versions of Default hangs other edit sessions when the Modify command is used.
- Planarize when used on a parallel offset does not break line if offset line is perpendicular to parent line.
- Topology Loader tool for the Parcel Fabric fails to load certain parcels and incorrectly defines them as multi-part polygons.
- All Parcel Editor dialogs should use field aliases from the database.
- Parcel Explorer window gets disabled when working with the Parcel Fabric and cannot be recovered unless ArcMap is restarted.
- Parcel polygon does not sync with parcel line-work after linepoint cracking has been preformed.
- Parcel Remainder does not work on a parcel participating in a separate layer file if it is queried out of the default Parcels layer.
- ArcMap crashes when deleting join links within the parcel fabric.
- ArcMap and ArcCatalog crash when trying to open a particular DGN V8 CAD file.
- Export to CAD does not honor the “Circle” field value for the CadType field which is used with Export to CAD.
- The “level” field is not being used when Export to a DGN Version 8 file. If level values are defined they are not being created in the output DGN file.
Those are just a few of the issues addressed in Service Pack 2 for ArcGIS 10. For a complete list of issues addressed or to download the service pack go to: http://resources.arcgis.com/content/patches-and-service-packs?fa=viewPatch&PID=17&MetaID=1752.
The Service Pack for ArcGIS Desktop is 364 MB which is the largest.
KECK & WOOD, INC. Direct (678) 417-4013 | Main (678) 417-4000 | Fax (678) 417-4055 Esri Certified Trainer | Esri Certified Desktop Associate