Esri is planning another service pack for ArcGIS 10. This will be the 4th service pack for 10. It will address several issues. Here are a few that might be of some interest:
- Changes to layer names inside a group layer file are not saved/persisted when ArcCatalog is closed.
- ArcMap crashes intermittently when editing while GPS connection is open
- GPS Toolbar does not recognize COM ports over 9.
- Projecting annotation from a file geodatabase feature dataset causes the text to draw a huge distance away from the proper location in the output. This is also reproducible in a personal geodatabase and data in SDE.
- ArcMap crashes with runtime error when reconciling certain child versions with default
- Layer with marker fill symbol loses its background color when adding to basemap layer with symbol level turned on.
- ArcPy local function tools do not accept a Mosaic dataset layer in the TOC as input
- When composite locator is created in the ArcSDE database, long property names cause it to fail
- Synchronizing a one-way replica is crashing ArcCatalog and ArcMap
- Synchronization fails while checking in the edits from a file geodatabase
- When running the Spatial Analyst > Hydrology > Fill tool and specifying a Z limit, ArcGIS Version 10 SP2 fills less sinks than ArcGIS Version 9.3.1 SP2.
- Applying a Military Grid Reference System (MGRS) grid 1:500,000 reference system to a data frame with non-WGS84 datum crashes the software
- When reconciling certain versions that are involved in a Parcel Fabric, the error returned is, “Version could not be reconciled,” with no extended description.
- Export metadata to FGDC CSDGM format: when an item’s spatial reference uses parameter names that are all lower case, the projection parameters are not exported
- Reconciling a version with its parent version corrupts the geometric network connectivity
- When map tips are enabled, the Hyperlink tool’s cursor no longer turns black when hovering over a hyperlinked feature
Those are just a few issues the service pack will address that I found interesting. There are 7 pages of issues addressed with SP 4. For a complete list of the issues SP 4 is to address go to: http://downloads2.esri.com/support/downloads/other_/183410.0_SP4_Announcement.pdfTripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP | Chief Executive Officer
eGIS Associates, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org | www.egisassociates.com 678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax Esri Certified Trainer | Esri Certified Desktop Associate